Could LIVALO be right for you?
To learn if LIVALO may be right to help treat your high cholesterol, simply answer a few questions.
Have you already been prescribed LIVALO?
Have you been diagnosed with high cholesterol or do you think you may have high cholesterol?
Have you taken advantage of the LIVALO Savings Card?
Have you been prescribed a statin other than LIVALO to better manage your high cholesterol?
Would you like to learn about LIVALO for a friend or loved one?
Glad to hear it!
Remember, diet and exercise are an important first step in managing your cholesterol.
Learn more >
How it works: The Savings Card will save out-of-pocket costs that exceed $18 (up to a maximum of $75) on each 30-day supply of LIVALO.† Download a Savings Card or get a Savings Card by text message and present it with your LIVALO prescription to your pharmacy. At some pharmacies, there already may be an offer for you that may automatically apply at checkout. If you believe you are eligible for savings and have questions while you are at the pharmacy, call the LIVALO Savings Card Help Line: 1-877-264-2440.
Besides treatment for high cholesterol, are you currently taking any other prescription medication, over-the-counter medications, or herbal/Vitamin supplements?
Fact: LIVALO is a statin medication that, along with a heart-healthy diet, improves overall cholesterol levels. This means LIVALO can lower your "Bad" LDL cholesterol levels, while increasing your "Good" HDL cholesterol. But, all statins are not the same. LIVALO may be less likely to cause certain drug interactions, because it is processed differently in the body than most statin medications. Watch this video to learn more.
Thank you for your answers!
If you change your mind about wanting to learn about LIVALO, click the "Start over" button below or change your last answer.
Start over >
Fact: According to the largest survey ever conducted with statin users in the United States,* 84% used at least one prescription, over-the-counter product, or herbal/vitamin supplement. These products may have the potential for drug interactions.
Taking multiple medications, along with some statins, can lead to drug interaction with a statin.*Of the 10,138 respondents, 1,220 were former statin users.
Because of this, certain drug interactions may be less likely with LIVALO.
Have you stopped or are you considering stopping your statin?
Fact: According to the largest survey ever conducted with statin users in the United States, more than 6 in 10 (62%) stopped their statin due to side effects.*
If you're taking a statin and you have concerns, let your doctor know how you're feeling. Your doctor needs to know this information so he or she can adjust your treatment. Don't stop taking your statin without talking to your doctor. And if you're interested in trying LIVALO, ask your doctor if LIVALO may be right for you.*Of the 10,138 respondents, 1,220 were former statin users.
Would you like to learn how LIVALO is processed in the body?
Would you like to learn why LIVALO is an effective choice for improving high cholesterol levels?
Fact: LIVALO is a statin medication that, along with a heart-healthy diet, improves overall cholesterol levels. This means LIVALO can lower your "bad" LDL cholesterol levels, while increasing your "good" HDL cholesterol. But, all statins are not the same. LIVALO may be less likely to cause certain drug interactions, because it is processed differently in the body than most statin medications. Watch this video to learn more, then enter your email address to receive your LIVALO Information Kit.
Now, get your LIVALO Information Kit, including a summary of your responses above to share with your doctor!
Important Safety Information for LIVALO® (pitavastatin) tablets
Who should NOT take LIVALO? LIVALO is not right for everyone. Do not take LIVALO if:
- •You have a known allergy to LIVALO or any of its ingredients.
- •You have active liver problems, including some abnormal liver test results.
- •You are nursing, pregnant or may become pregnant, as it may harm the baby.
- •You are currently taking cyclosporine or gemfibrozil.
What is the most important information I should know and talk to my doctor about?
- •Call your healthcare provider or get help right away if you experience any symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as rash, itching, or hives.
- •Muscle problems may be an early sign of rare, serious conditions. Tell your doctor right away if you have any unexplained muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness, particularly if accompanied by malaise or fever, or if these muscle signs or symptoms persist after discontinuing LIVALO.
- •Serious liver problems have been reported rarely in patients taking statins, including LIVALO. Your doctor should do liver tests before you start, and if you have symptoms of liver problems while you are taking LIVALO. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you feel more tired than usual, have a loss of appetite, upper belly pain, dark-colored urine, or yellowing of the skin or eyes.
- •Tell your doctor about all your medical conditions and medications you take including nonprescription medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements.
- •Increases in blood sugar levels have been reported with statins, including LIVALO.
- •Tell your doctor about your alcohol use.
What are the most common side effects of LIVALO?
The most common side effects of LIVALO in clinical studies were:
- •Back pain
- •Muscle pain
- •Pain in the legs or arms
This is not a complete list of side effects. Talk to your healthcare provider for more information.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of all drugs to the FDA.
Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
How should I store and take LIVALO?
- •Store LIVALO tablets at room temperature, in a dry place, and out of the reach of children.
- •LIVALO can be taken at any time of day, with or without food.
- •Swallow the tablet whole. Do not split, crush, dissolve, or chew.
Other important information I should know about LIVALO.
- •LIVALO has not been studied to evaluate its effect on reducing heart-related disease or death.
- •LIVALO is available by prescription only.
For additional information, please see the full Prescribing Information.
© Kowa Pharmaceuticals America, Inc. (2016)
All rights reserved. LIV-MT-2338LIV-MT-2339 December 2016
All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
This site is intended for US Residents ages 18 and over.